Laser Hair Removal
Have you ever dreamed of having smooth, hair-free skin without the daily hassle of shaving? Do you have unsightly hair in areas that should be smooth? Are you frustrated with painful razor rash or the mess that comes with hair removal and bleaching creams? Are you tired of the pain of tweezing and the expense of waxing?
The hair-free dream is closer to a reality than you might think. Laser Hair Removal is the latest in permanent hair removal technology. You can be freed from that annoying hair within just a few months. Say goodbye to the years of shaving, tweezing, and waxing by starting laser hair removal treatments today.
*Please call the office directly to reserve any Laser Hair Removal appointments.
What Happens During A Laser Hair Removal Procedure?
We know that having a new procedure done can be nerve-racking. Below are all of the steps involved in the laser hair removal treatments. Being educated is important to make sure you are comfortable with the treatment you will receive.
- The laser energy can be decreased and the coolant spray can be increased to make treatment comfortable and effective for all skin types. Most clients describe the laser feeling as a small rubber band flicking momentarily against their skin.
- A procedure can take as little as 5 minutes or up to as 2 hours, depending on the size of the treated area.
- All treatments are performed by a Physician Supervised Certified Laser Specialist.
- For your safety, this office uses gloves on all clients and follows Universal Precautions.
- For maximum results, laser treatments are performed at 4-week intervals for the facial area and 6-week intervals for the body.
- You fill out a brief medical history, which a Certified Laser Specialist evaluates.
- After your consultation, we can perform a test spot to be sure the treatment is comfortable and the skin will respond well. We can also perform the full treatment.
- Protective eyewear is worn by both you and the Certified Laser Specialist during the laser hair removal treatment.
- The area is cleaned to remove any debris.
- A small handpiece touches the treatment site. An anesthetic coolant spray provides increased comfort and protects your skin. You will feel the spray prior to each laser pulse.
Laser Hair Removal FAQ’s
Is Laser Hair Removal Permanent?
For most people, a series of 6 to 8 treatments can achieve a significant reduction in hair growth. Multiple treatments are necessary because hair growth happens in cycles. Not all hair is in an active growing stage at the same time. The majority of our clients see a reduction in the amount of hair and the level of coarseness in existing hair after only a few treatments. For significant clearance of areas, 6 to 8 treatments are required. Maintenance appointments may be desired every six months to a year to ensure lasting results.
How Does Laser Hair Removal Work?
A laser is a light beam that is attracted to the melanin in the hair and the skin. The light beam cauterizes the blood supply to the hair’s root. The hair is seared off at the epidermis and will expel from the disabled follicle within 7 to 21 days after laser treatment. The next cycle of hair will grow back in and the next treatment is performed. Each treatment reduces the amount of hair by approximately 30 percent.
How Many Laser Hair Removal Treatments Will I Need?
Most clients require at least 6 to 8 treatments for clearance of an area. This number can vary with skin and hair types. If your goal is to reduce the appearance of hair, fewer treatments may be necessary. Factors that may increase the number of treatments are darker skin tones, medical conditions that make hormone levels unstable, and various medications. During your consultation, you will receive an estimate of how many treatments you may need.
How Long Do I Wait In Between Laser Hair Removal Treatments?
Laser hair removal treatments should be performed at 4-6 week intervals, depending on the area. The face is treated every 4 weeks and the body is treated every 6 weeks. It is best to get the treatment when the next cycle starts to emerge through the skin. This ensures that the majority of the hairs being treated will be in the active growth state and you’ll receive the best possible treatment.
How Will My Skin Look After A Laser Treatment?
It is normal for the treated area to be red and swollen following laser treatment. The area will feel like you have a mild sunburn. These symptoms usually disappear within 2-24 hours. Aloe Vera and ice can be applied to soothe the treated area. Most people resume normal social activities immediately following laser treatment.
Is Laser Hair Removal Safe?
We use the Candela GentleLase Plus, which is approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). The unique feature of this laser is the Dynamic Cooling Device™. It not only makes the treatments more comfortable but also protects the skin during laser treatments. You can rest assured knowing all treatments are performed by a Physician Supervised Certified Laser Specialist.
Why Can’t My Skin Be Tanned When I Am Getting A Laser Treatment?
Tanning increases the melanin in the skin. The laser is attracted to melanin, so if the skin has increased melanin it’s difficult for the laser to distinguish between hair and skin. Tanning can cause complications such as burning or discoloration of the skin. It is best for the skin to be the lightest natural color to achieve optimal results and to maintain the integrity of the skin.
Does Laser Hair Removal Treat Light Colored Hair?
Dark hair and light skin are the optimal combinations to achieve the best possible results. Individuals who have lighter colored hair can purchase Meladine, a melanin-enhancing product that temporarily pigments the hair follicle. Meladine is recognized by the FDA as an “accessory to a surgical laser instrument used for laser hair removal” to enhance the effects of the laser in the treatment of non-pigmented hair. This product must be applied daily for 2 weeks prior to laser treatment.
Does Laser Hair Removal Hurt?
We use the Candela GentleLase Plus, which has a dynamic cooling spray delivery system that minimizes discomfort. You may feel a quick sensation of a rubber band snapping against your skin. If at any time you find the treatment uncomfortable, our Certified Laser Specialist can adjust the laser energy and cooling spray to accommodate your level of tolerance.
What Areas Can Be Treated With Laser Hair Removal?
Laser hair removal can be performed everywhere on the body except the eyelids.
Who Cannot Have Laser Hair Removal Treatments?
Our office does not perform laser on individuals who have been taking Accutane in the past 6 months. A test spot may need to be performed for individuals who have been taking oral or topical acne medications which cause sun sensitivity. Laser treatments are not performed on women who are pregnant. Laser treatments are not performed directly over a tattoo (it will cause the color to fade or completely remove the color). Laser treatments are not performed over active herpes lesions.
What Are The Benefits Of Laser Hair Removal?
Laser hair removal is a permanent solution to all of those tedious, time-consuming grooming tactics most people deal with on a daily basis. Laser hair removal can also improve the appearance of painful razor bumps. You’ll avoid the hassle and expenses of razors, bleaching cream, and depilatories, as well. A laser procedure is so convenient it can be done over the lunch hour or on the way home from work.
Why Should I Come To Your Office For Laser Hair Removal?
In our office, your privacy, safety, and trust are of the utmost importance. We are passionate about our quality of service and we care about our clients. All treatments are performed by Physician Supervised Certified Laser Specialists who have worked in the medical profession. We offer affordable prices and are centrally located in the Denver metro area, close to many major highways.
What If I Have More Questions About Laser Hair Removal?
Please call with any additional questions regarding permanent hair removal.
How to Get Ready For a Laser Hair Removal Procedure
- Avoid tanning, which includes tanning beds and sunless tanning products for 2 weeks prior to laser treatment. As well as extended time outside in the sun prior to treatments.
- It is best to refrain from tweezing, waxing, or use of depilatories for 2 weeks before laser treatment.
- An electric trimmer or cuticle scissors can be used to trim down the hair between treatments.
- We recommend that you discontinue using hair bleaching cream 1 week prior to laser treatment.
- A Laser treatment is best performed when the area is cleanly shaven.
- The laser cannot be performed if Accutane has been used in the past 6 months. Certain medications, including topicals, can interfere with laser treatments and will need to be reviewed during your consultation.
- A test spot may need to be performed to see how the skin will respond if you are using topical skin products or medications that cause sun sensitivity.
- Laser hair removal treatments are not performed on pregnant women.
- Laser cannot be performed directly over a tattoo. It will cause the color to fade or completely remove the color.
- Laser hair removal cannot be performed over active herpes lesions.
Laser Post-Treatment Care
It is normal for the treated area to be red and swollen following laser treatment. The treated area will feel like a mild sunburn and may produce red circular spots or welts. These conditions usually disappear within a couple of hours to a few days.
- Avoid any irritation to the skin. Do not pick or scratch the treated area; this will interfere with the natural healing process.
- Aloe Vera may be applied as frequently as needed to the treated area. This helps reduce swelling and soothes the mild sunburn feeling.
- After the treatment is performed on the face, discontinue harsh or abrasive facial cleansers, moisturizers, or scrubs until the tenderness subsides.
- Light make-up may be used immediately after the laser treatment unless otherwise directed. We recommend that you use fresh makeup purchased in the past 90 days, to reduce any complications.
- Do not tweeze or wax the treated area. This will increase the number of treatments necessary for clearance of an area. Do not use any hair-removing products such as bleaching cream, depilatories, or any other hair removing products on the treated area.
- These timelines are approximate and precautions should be extended beyond the recommended time if skin remains sensitive.
24 Hours after the Treatment:
- Use a powder instead of deodorant on underarms to reduce any irritation to the skin.
- Do not use a hot tub or sauna until the redness and swelling have completely diminished.
14 Days after the Treatment:
- Avoid any direct sun exposure for 2 weeks after laser treatment. This includes tanning beds. We recommend the use of sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or higher at all times through the course of your laser treatments. It is best to discontinue any tanning during the course of your treatments. Tanning can increase the number of risks, complications, and the number of treatments needed.
- Do not use sunless tanning creams on the treated area for 1-2 weeks before and after the laser treatment. These products could make the skin look discolored or blotchy.
In approximately 7-21 days the hair will begin to shed. This may appear like new hair growth, but it is actually the hair being shed and expelled from the follicle. You may remove the hair by wiping the skin with a wet washcloth, loofah, or by shaving the area.
For Best Results: Treatments should be performed at 4-week intervals for the face and 6-week intervals for the body.
If you have any additional questions regarding your treatment, please call Uptown Medical Aesthetics, Inc.
LASER HAIR REMOVAL SERVICE PRICES
Lip or Chin
Lip & Chin
Glabella, Nose, or Ears
Sides of Face (cheeks) or Sideburns
Female Minimal Bikini
Female Full Bikini
Female Full Bikini*
Male Minimal Bikini
Male Full Bikini
Male Full Bikini*
Upper or Lower Arms**
Lower or Upper Legs***
Full Back w/ shoulders
Full Front (chest & abs)
Full Front w/Shoulders
Fingers or Toes
Hands and Feet**
$2 per razor
** Includes hands and fingers
*** Includes feet and toes
**** Includes minimal bikini
Maintenance offered to current clients who have completed 6 laser hair removal treatments at our facility. The approximate time for the service varies. You only pay half of the service price.
Waxing is a great option for anyone who wants to quickly remove unwanted hair. Waxing is a temporary form of hair removal with results that can last 3-6 weeks. We perform waxing services on both male and female clients, and on most areas of the body. Please let your esthetician know if you are using any retinols, retin-a, or other topical prescriptions.
WAXING PRICE LIST