Laser Hair Removal in North Denver, CO
Have you ever dreamed of having smooth, hair-free skin without the daily hassle of shaving? Do you have unsightly hair in areas that should be smooth? Are you frustrated with painful razor rash or the mess that comes with hair removal and bleaching creams? Are you tired of the pain of tweezing and the expense of waxing?
The hair-free dream is closer to reality than you might think. Laser Hair Removal is the latest in permanent hair removal technology. You can be freed from that annoying hair within just a few months. Say goodbye to the years of shaving, tweezing, and waxing by starting laser hair removal treatments today.
*Please call the office directly to reserve any Laser Hair Removal appointments.
What Happens During a Laser Hair Removal Procedure?
We know that having a new procedure done can be nerve-racking. Below are all of the steps involved in laser hair removal treatments. Being educated is important to make sure you are comfortable with the treatment you will receive.
- The laser energy can be decreased, and the coolant spray can be increased to make treatment comfortable and effective for all skin types. Most clients describe the laser feeling as a small rubber band flicking momentarily against their skin.
- A procedure can take as little as 5 minutes or up to as 2 hours, depending on the size of the treated area.
- All treatments are performed by a Physician Supervised Certified Laser Specialist.
- For your safety, this office uses gloves on all clients and follows Universal Precautions.
- For maximum results, laser treatments are performed at 4-week intervals for the facial area and 6-week intervals for the body.
- You fill out a brief medical history, which a Certified Laser Specialist evaluates.
- After your consultation, we can perform a test spot to be sure the treatment is comfortable, and the skin will respond well. We can also perform the full treatment.
- Protective eyewear is worn by both you and the Certified Laser Specialist during the laser hair removal treatment.
- The area is cleaned to remove any debris.
- A small handpiece touches the treatment site. An anesthetic coolant spray provides increased comfort and protects your skin. You will feel the spray prior to each laser pulse.
Getting Ready For a Laser Hair Removal Procedure
- Avoid tanning, which includes tanning beds and sunless tanning products for 2 weeks prior to laser treatment. As well as extended time outside in the sun prior to treatments.
- It is best to refrain from tweezing, waxing, or use of depilatories for 2 weeks before laser treatment.
- An electric trimmer or cuticle scissors can be used to trim down the hair between treatments.
- We recommend that you discontinue using hair bleaching cream 1 week prior to laser treatment.
- Laser treatment is best performed when the area is cleanly shaven.
- The laser cannot be performed if Accutane has been used in the past 6 months. Certain medications, including topicals, can interfere with laser treatments and will need to be reviewed during your consultation.
- A test spot may need to be performed to see how the skin will respond if you are using topical skin products or medications that cause sun sensitivity.
- Laser hair removal treatments are not performed on pregnant women.
- Laser cannot be performed directly over a tattoo. It will cause the color to fade or completely remove the color.
- Laser hair removal cannot be performed overactive herpes lesions.