Frequently Asked Questions
What does a Juvéderm® XC procedure involve?
- You fill out a brief medical history to see if you are a candidate for Juvéderm® XC.
- The area of concern will be evaluated and expectations will be discussed.
- Photographs will be taken.
- Juvéderm® XC will be injected into the desired area.
- After the procedure, post care instructions will be reviewed.
How does Juvéderm® XC work?
Juvéderm® XC is a non-animal derived Hyaluronic Acid used to replenish loss of volume in the face.
What are the benefits of Juvéderm® XC?
- Reduce the appearance of lines and wrinkles between the brows.
- Increase lip volume.
- Reduce the appearance of Nasolabial folds.
- Define Cupids Bow.
- Fill in lip lines.
- Decrease Marionette lines.
How will my skin look after Juvéderm® XC?
The area may be red and swollen. Temporary bruising may occur the first week or so, but can be concealed with light make-up if necessary.
How long does it take for the Juvéderm® XC to work?
Results are instant and immediately noticeable.
How often will I need Juvéderm® XC?
Juvéderm® XC provides natural-looking results for up to 12 months.
Is Juvéderm® XC painful?
Most clients report minor and brief discomfort during the injections. A topical numbing cream is applied prior to injecting around the mouth. Juvederm XC is also infused with Lidocaine to improve the comfort level.