Reduce Forehead Wrinkles
Wrinkles are a common occurrence in life. They can begin to develop even in young adulthood and get worse as we age. Forehead lines, also known as worry lines, are one of the most common types of wrinkles to form in people of all ages. Wrinkles commonly appear on the forehead because our eyebrows are used in many facial expressions. No matter your age, the appearance of forehead lines can make you look tired or older than you are. Schedule your complimentary consultation with us today to learn more.
We Provide Non-Invasive Wrinkle Solutions in North Denver
For years, the only solutions to reducing or eliminating wrinkles were complicated and invasive surgical procedures. These surgeries could be risky and required days of downtime as you recovered from the procedure. Now there are better options to fight the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles with the development of injectable treatments using Botox. Although Botox has been in use for many years, it has become more popular recently as people realize just how easy and effective these treatments are. At Uptown Medical Aesthetics, we use strategic placement of Botox to help relax the muscles of the forehead, smoothing out wrinkles and fine lines.
What Causes Forehead Wrinkles?
Though age is often the driving force behind the appearance of wrinkles, there are some other factors that can play a role in their development. No matter the cause of your worry lines, the team at Uptown Medical Aesthetics in Northglenn, CO can find an appropriate solution to reverse the signs of aging and help you regain your youth. For the most part wrinkles are caused by these four main factors:
- Aging: As we get older, our skin loses some of its elasticity and collagen. This loss combined with the repeated movements of facial expressions and the natural effects of gravity, causes skin to sag, which creates wrinkles in the forehead and other areas on the face.
- Sunlight Exposure: UV rays from sunlight and tanning beds can take a major toll on your skin. Overexposure to these harmful rays can lead to many consequences including premature aging, wrinkles, and skin discoloration.
- Genetics: Though genetics aren’t the main determining factor, they do play a role in how you age. New studies have suggested that your maternal genes are more likely to affect the way your skin ages. This means if your mother exhibited signs of premature aging, you may, too.
- Lifestyle Factors: The health of your skin is directly related to your overall health. A poor diet, smoking, consuming alcohol, and excess exposure to the sun can all cause wrinkles to form due to their negative health effects.
Common Types of Forehead Lines
Because wrinkles result from repeated movements of the facial muscles to form expressions, certain types of wrinkles are more common than others. Raising and lowering your eyebrows will form different types of wrinkles than squinting or furrowing your brow. For many people, the most common types of forehead wrinkles include:
- Forehead Rows: These wrinkles extend horizontally across the forehead and usually occur from raising your eyebrows. Forehead rows often start when you are younger, appearing only when you actively make a facial expression, but will develop into deeper wrinkles that are visible even when you aren’t changing your expression.
- Glabellar Lines: These wrinkles appear as two parallel lines between the eyebrows, just above the bridge of the nose. Glabellar lines often appear when you frown or concentrate and will worsen as you age and continue to use the muscles.
Quickly Treat Forehead Lines with Injectables
Our non-invasive, wrinkle-reducing solutions can be completed in a matter of minutes, sometimes over your lunch break, and in most cases, you can return to your normal routine right away. Our team can help you determine which treatments will help you achieve the results you want. We offer a range of options for you to choose from, including:
- Botox: Botox is FDA-approved to treat moderate and severe forehead wrinkles, crow’s feet, and lip lines. This quick and easy treatment smooths and relaxes the muscles temporarily, giving you a younger appearance for multiple months.
- Dermal Fillers: We offer a range of dermal filler options that can be used to smooth the appearance of wrinkles on the forehead, as well as plump and fill in other areas of the face.
Schedule a Consultation
At Uptown Medical Aesthetics, we can help you turn back the clock and achieve a younger appearance. Though forehead lines are a common occurrence, it doesn’t mean you have to live with them. Our team can assess your unique situation and develop a treatment plan for addressing your forehead wrinkles. Located in Northglenn, our facility offers a relaxing and inviting atmosphere to put you at ease during your appointment. If you have any questions regarding our injectable treatments or would like to schedule a consultation, please reach out to our team today. We can’t wait to help you achieve the look you want!